LET’S DO THIS
ACCEPT SCHOLARSHIPS BY:
||Spring Friday before classes begin
||May 1, 2019
ACCOUNT ME IN
ISU students use BengalWeb to conduct all official university related business. Your ISU email will be used to communicate important dates/deadlines for scholarships, financial aid, registering for classes, orientation and other critical information. Set up your ISU BengalWeb and email account TODAY by visiting the link provided in your admissions letter.
Contact the ISU Help Desk at (208) 282-4357 if you need assistance setting up your BengalWeb account or adding a parent account.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Final admission requires that you successfully complete all current course work. If you have not already done so, please make arrangements for ISU to receive your final high school transcript with verification of your final grades and graduation date.
MEET WITH AN ACADEMIC COACH OR CAMPUS ADVISOR & REGISTER FOR FALL 2019!
Let’s get you started on the right track towards your intended major. To better help, are you New First-Year Student or Transfer?
New First Year Students:
First Year Transition (FYT) will be hosting a variety of advising and registration opportunities see below.
- First Year Group Advising: Meet other first-year students and get assistance from an Academic Coach/Advisors.
- One-on-One appointment: Meet with an Academic Coach/Advisor on the Pocatello campus or via phone. Call (208) 282-3662 to schedule an appointment.
- Zoom (online appointment): Meet with an Academic Coach/Advisor online. Call (208) 282-3662 to schedule an appointment.
- Meet with an Advisor from Central Academic Advising (CAA) on the Pocatello campus. Call (208) 282-3277 to schedule an appointment.
GET A CLEAR FINANCIAL PICTURE
TUITION AND FEES: Estimated figures reflect 2018–2019 academic year at ISU.
|Books and Supplies
* Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Program
+ Non-Resident Tuition Waiver (NRTW)
1 Double occupancy room in traditional
(non-suite/non-apartment) residence hall
2 100 meals per semester, plus $475 flex money
“LIVE ON” AT ISU
Like a true Bengal tiger, the ISU Bengal’s habitat is varied, with plenty of secure, clean and affordable living-learning environments for students.
As a housing resident, you’ll experience:
- More than 30 programs and events each semester.
- 24-hour WiFi and computer labs.
- On-site laundry in every building.
- 10 on-campus dining options.
- Convenience at every corner.
Apply for Campus Housing today to avoid getting wait-listed and submit your $150 deposit.
INVEST IN YOURSELF
As soon as you are fully admitted by the required scholarship deadline for Fall entry (February 15) or Spring entry (November 1), you will automatically be considered for recruitment scholarships. Learn more on the Scholarship site.
The Bengal Online Scholarship System (BOSS) lists additional scholarship opportunities for which you may be eligible. Acceptance varies based on scholarship. Sign in to the BOSS system to apply.
TOP TIP 1
When logging into BOSS, you must log in with your ISU username and password.
TOP TIP 2
External scholarships are another way to help you pay for college. We strongly encourage all students to follow the 1,2,3 process in the order described below:
- Meet all required deadlines
- Apply for additional scholarships
- Look for other outside/local scholarships. Students can view many local/outside scholarships by logging into BOSS and viewing the “external” section under the “opportunities” tab.
TOP TIP 3
View other outside scholarship opportunities:
Outside Scholarships in BOSS
Outside Scholarship Resources
CONNECT WITH YOUR ACADEMIC COACH
Your Academic Coach is your one-stop resource to connect you to Idaho State University. Your Academic Coach helps connect you to the resources you need to start strong and stay focused throughout your entire academic career year at ISU. For more information visit the Student Success Center.
Students who take ACAD 1104, the First Year Transition course, enjoy higher GPAs, make stronger connections and are more likely to graduate.
GET THE LAY OF THE LAND
New Student Orientation (NSO) is the first campus event held for you as a new Bengal.
- Meet other new students through Orientation small groups.
- Meet the faculty members and dean of your intended academic program.
- Learn about student services provided to all Bengals.
- Enjoy a fun weekend of campus traditions, including March Through the Arch and Slip-n-Slide.
- Be prepared for the first week of classes!
Research shows that students who participate in orientation programs are more likely to be successful in college and persist to graduation.
DISCOVER LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Leadership opportunities abound for new Bengals. Check out the following programs, clubs and organizations to strut your leadership skills and find the right fit for you.
- Honors Program
- ISU Ambassadors
- New Student Orientation Leaders
- Major clubs and organizations
- Research opportunities in your field of study
- Peer advisors
- Career Path Internship Programs (CPI)
- Associated Students of Idaho State University
- Student Activities Board (SAB)
Connect with your admissions advisor to find the right leadership opportunity for you.