University Business Officer
The Facilities financial team values its critical role in supporting Facilities Management and campus communities.
We are a service-oriented team dedicated to provide administrative and financial support services. We work directly with project managers, directors and all units within the Office of Facilities to effectively track and manage a multi-funded facilities operating budget that exceeds $37 million for the Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Meridian Campuses.
We work closely with ISU Departments. Finance & Business Affairs, Purchasing, and vendors to review, complete and process financial transactions to ensure ISU’s compliance with laws, regulations, and policies. Specifically, Facilities Finance:
- Manages the in-house project cost tracking system
- Manages billable work orders
- Manages financial operations for nearly 100 buildings in three Idaho locations
- Manages financial transactions for all Department of Public Works Projects (about 20/year)
- Processes all internally generated purchase requisitions
- Maintains and monitors over 100 Facilities Cost Indexes
- Manages payment and allocation of ISU utility bills for power, gas, water, sewer, and trash
- In 2018, 10,430+ work requests were processed through our in-house cost tracking system, FM Works.
- The financial team manages over $3 Million in utility billing each year
- The finance team processed $10.75M in Division of Public Works capital project billings for 2018.
- The finance team processes over 4,000 P-Card transactions for 50+ P-Card holders.