Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University

Professional Licensure

I S U student working in a lab


Each student enrolling in a professional program, or any program requiring professional licensure and certification, holds the responsibility to make inquiry regarding requirements for licensure in their field of study, within their state of residence. This applies to purely online, as well as blended, programs.

Students are encouraged to direct their questions regarding professional licensure and related field placement inquiries to academic advisors at the departmental level here at ISU. Additional information may also be obtained from each individual state's professional licensing agency, board, or commission in the student's state of interest. The website, an online guide to government information and services, also provides links to these sources for each state, U. S. Territory and associated state, and agencies within their government. Requirements for professional licensure and certification may also be found on the websites of professional associations that cover various occupational and educational disciplines.