Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University

Complaint Resolution

Our out-of-state students are just as important to us as our on-campus students, and we make it a priority to resolve student complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. We respect the privacy of all parties involved throughout the process and encourage all parties to make every reasonable effort to resolve issues before, and during, the complaint process. We are here to help.

Information on student assistance and the complaint process at Idaho State University is available online from the Division of Student Affairs and in our Student Handbook. This material covers grade appeals, academic and non-academic complaints and grievances, and information on all other matters of this nature. Students seeking advocacy or guidance in conflict resolution at any point in the complaint process may contact the Director of Student Life in the Division of Student Affairs at (208) 282-2794.

In regards to state authorization matters, students and potential students residing in states extant to Idaho are advised to check with departmental Academic Advisors to ascertain the current status of course offerings in their state. If questions or an issue arises and resolution cannot be reached, an appeal may be filed with the state in which the student resides or with the institutional home state.

See the following list of State Authorization Agencies and Lead Contacts for student complaints:

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
State Portal Entity Contacts

Idaho State Board of Education
(208) 334-2270

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
(425) 558-4224

Idaho State University
Director of Student Life in the Division of Student Affairs
(208) 282-2794

Veteran Student Services Center
(208) 282-4245