- Idaho State University tracks its chemical inventory with an online database called CHIMERA, which stands for Chemical Inventory Management & Electronic Reporting Application, developed by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. CHIMERA provides ISU with a number of advantages.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) stored and available online, increasing ease of SDS access for persons who use chemicals.
- System allows faculty and staff to easily obtain detailed information about their chemical inventory.
- Prevents wasteful over-stocking of chemicals, by allwowing users to seach for chemical availability, prior to ordering, through the Chemshare capability.
- Chemical information accessible to regulators and emergency personnel, improving emergency response effectiveness.
Contact Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) at 282-2310 for questions or for an orientation to CHIMERA.