Clinical experiences are the pre-student teaching opportunities to observe, tutor, and assist small group and whole class instruction in schools and other agencies. A minimum of 100 clinical hours are earned before student teaching and at least 50 of these hours must be completed in diverse settings.
Pre-student teaching clinical experiences are completed in coursework prior to student teaching.
Clinical Experiences occur in EDUC 3308 and EDUC 4408.
Clinical Experience Checklist: Before beginning a clinical experience
1. Review the:
- Site Code of Conduct
- Rights and Responsibilities
- ISU Student Code of Conduct
- Educator Preparation Clinical Practice Handbook
- Code of Ethics for Idaho Professional Educators
2. Transportation to all clinical experience sites is the responsibility of the teacher candidate.
Resources: After completing a clinical experience
Complete your clinical experience.
- While completing your clinical experience, document the dates, hours, name of teacher(s) and school where you are completing your experience