About the College of Education
Through excellence in teaching, scholarship and service:
- We foster professionalism in all that we do.
- We prepare and support professionals who are ethical and reflective and known for the quality of their work.
- We provide recognized leadership in the support of our students, professional partners and those who employ our graduates.
- We promote a culture of caring, respect and intellectual rigor within our college and beyond.
- We foster collaborative relationships with the schools, communities and professional organizations that we serve.
- We advance our understanding of the professions we serve and the application of that understanding in practice.
Building on a tradition of excellence, we will work continuously to improve the education we offer.
College of Education
– Serving Public, Charter and Parochial Schools in Regions 4, 5 and 6
– Donated 20 Backpacks for Success
– 55 College of Education Scholarships
– 4,000 Service Hours Provided to the Community
– Concussion Center Administered 3,177 Baseline and Post-Concussion Tests to Regional Athletes
– $2,200,000 in Grants for CTE Teacher Preparation, Math Education, STEM & Robotics and Building Capacity
- 811 Undergraduates
- 287 Graduate Students
- 30 Career Path Internships
- 120 Student Teachers
- 330 Professional Development Registrations
85% of Teachers and Administrators stay in Idaho
Future Educators Association (FEA)
– 12 High School Chapters Established
Business Professionals of America (BPA)
– 78% Become Teachers
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
– 68% Become Teachers
National Association for Music Educators (NAfME)
Students of Health Education, Physical Education and Dance (SHEPERD)
Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
Kappa Delta Pi (KDP)
Phi Delta Kappa (PDK)