The College of Education
Through excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service we:
- Foster professionalism in all that we do.
- Prepare and support professionals who are ethical and reflective and known for the quality of their work.
- Provide recognized leadership in the support of our students, professional partners and those who employ our graduates.
- Promote a culture of caring, respect, and intellectual rigor within our college and beyond.
- Foster collaborative relationships with the schools, communities and professional organizations that we serve.
- Advance our understanding of the professions we serve and the application of that understanding in practice.
Building on a tradition of excellence, we will work continuously to improve the education we offer.
More About the College of Education
- Serving Public, Charter and Parochial Schools in Regions 4, 5, and 6
- 55 College of Education Scholarships
- 4,000 Service Hours Provided to the Community
- Concussion Center Administered 3,177 Baseline and Post-Concussion Tests to Regional Athletes
- $2,200,000 in Grants for CTE Teacher Preparation, Math Education, STEM & Robotics and Building Capacity
- 811 Undergraduates
- 287 Graduate Students
- 30 Career Path Internships
- 120 Student Teachers
- 330 Professional Development Registrations
85% of Teachers and Administrators stay in Idaho
- Educators Rising Chapters
- 20 High School EdRising Chapters Established
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- 78% Become Teachers
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- 68% Become Teachers
- National Association for Music Educators (NAfME)
- Students of Health Education, Physical Education and Dance (SHEPERD)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Kappa Delta Pi (KDP)
- Phi Delta Kappa (PDK)
- Bengal Student Professional Association of Sports Medicine (SPASM)