Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University

Frequently Asked Questions

What services are provided by Counseling & Testing Service?

What is a crisis?

What do I do if there is a mental health emergency/crisis?

What if I am having thoughts of suicide?

How do I get an appointment at the Counseling Center?

What can I expect from the Assessment & Referral Appointment?

Will anyone know that I came for counseling?

Will my counseling records be part of my academic records?

What is counseling?

How do I know if I need counseling?

Does it mean that I am "crazy" if I need counseling?

Why was group counseling suggested to me?

My care was transitioned to a provider in the community. Can I see a counselor at ISU instead?

Why was I referred to a community provider but a friend of mine wasn’t?

How much does counseling cost?

Does the Counseling & Testing Service provide supporting documentation for requests to have an emotional support animal?

What if I want more information?

Where should I go to get counseling if I am not a student?

Bengal Mental Health Fund


Contact Us


(208) 282-2130 - Counseling Services

(208) 282-4506 - Testing Services 

Graveley Hall, South Tower, Room 351

Idaho Falls:
(208) 282-7750
Bennion Student Union Building, 2nd Floor, Room 223

Fall/Spring: M-F 8-5
Summer: M-F 7:30-4

Suicide Awareness

If you or someone you know has a mental illness, is struggling emotionally, or has concerns about their mental health, there are ways to get help. Counseling and Testing Service is here to provide help to you, a friend, or a family member.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)

Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 in the US