Virtual Teaching Resources
Virtual classrooms will be configured in the following locations throughout CoSE:
|Lecture Center Rm. 10|
|Plant Sciences Rm. 114|
|Physical Science Rm. 104|
|Physical Science Rm. 147|
|Physical Science Rm. 305|
|Lillibridge Engineering Laboratory Rm. 231|
These classrooms include a computer, an adjustable document camera and a webcam. The document camera can be displayed on Zoom.
- Faculty will receive a calendar invite from email@example.com. The calendar will be for a classroom near your department. Through this calendar, you have the ability to schedule time to use the virtual classroom.
- Please note: Zoom may be overwhelmed due to a high load of usage. It may be wise to prepare a backup plan by becoming familiar with other platforms, such as Google Meet.
- The university has shared information specifically addressing faculty questions and providing guidance for teaching effectively:
Instructional Tech Resource Center (ITRC)
- The ITRC will remain open to help you. We are available in B17 of the library; via phone 208-282-5880; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; and via Zoom (make an appointment).
- ISU has provided a number of resources to help with our move to distance-based instruction.
- On the ITRC main page, there is a link to the Idaho State University Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption, Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Faculty Questions - Frequently asked questions for ISU faculty
- Student Questions - Frequently asked questions for students. You can reference this in your communications to students.
Distance Learning Rooms in the Library
If you plan to continue to teach in the video distance rooms using WebRTC, please let Jim Dalley know so your class time is on the schedule.
Phone: (208) 282-4871
Moodle and Creative Alternatives to Meet Your Course Outcomes
Departments IT Contact:
email@example.com -- Chemistry Department
firstname.lastname@example.org -- School of Engineering
email@example.com -- Geosciences Department
CoSE IT Website: https://help.cose.isu.edu/
REMINDER: All teaching must be done virtually. No students can be in the classroom with instructors. This includes not teaching in labs where students may be choosing to congregate.
921 S 8th Ave Stop 8065
Pocatello, ID 83209