HIGH SCHOOL BENGAL STEM DAY
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Pond Student Union Building
The College of Science and Engineering at Idaho State University invites regional high school students to join us for Bengal STEM Day. Event activities include:
- Science and engineering competitions
- Hands-on, interactive learning activities
- Tours and demos in STEM-related facilities
Registration by October 31, 2018 is required for all attendees, even if not participating in a competition. Space may be limited, so plan to register early. Free lunch tickets for your group will be based on the information provided in the registration form. Each student must register for a lunch time even if they are not planning to participate in an activity that requires registration.
A limited number of transportation scholarships, up to $300, are available by application. Scholarships sponsored by ON Semiconductor.
There are several contests in which students can participate (click on each contest to see the rules). Preregistration is required to participate in all competitions.
Competitions that require students to design and create an entry ahead of time to bring to Bengal STEM Day include the Atomic Bengals, mousetrap car, Popsicle stick bridge, tennis ball catapult, robot competition and Great Shakes!. The egg rocket and chemistry relay are competitions students may participate in at Bengal STEM Day and all supplies will be provided at the event.
Carefully follow the rules for each competition to avoid disqualification. No more than four students per team for each competition. Please note: Some competitions set a lower limit for team sizes, so please check competition rules for team size requirements. Make sure the competition rules teams follow have Bengal STEM Day 2018 noted in the heading.
- Atomic Bengals Model 2018
- Atomic Bengals Presentation 2018
- Great Shakes 2018
- Robot Competition Rules 2018
- Moustrap Car 2018
- Popsicle Stick Bridge 2018
- Tennis Ball Catapult Rules 2018
- Chemistry Relay Rules 2018
- Egg Rocket Rules 2018
(Rules updated as of 9/19/18)
The above competitions will receive prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Interactive Learning Activities
Bengal STEM Day includes a variety of interactive learning opportunities which allow students to actively engage in science and engineering activities.
- INL Engineering Design*
- A&E Engineering Design Challenge*
- Star Trek Simulation*
- 3-D Modeling for Science Computer Workshop*
- College Prep Sessions*
- Cyber Physical Security*
- Mechanical Engineering Technology*
- Electronics and Insturmentation*
- Civil Engineering Shake Table
- Exploring 3-D Shapes
- Close Encounters of the DNA Kind
- 4-D Anatomage Virtual Dissection Table
- Augmented Reality Sandbox
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
Tours and Demos
- ON Semicoductor facility tour. Students will be transported to ON Semiconductor for a tour and demonstrations.
- Civil engienering laboratory demonstrations
- The Idaho Museum of Natural History
All tours require registration.
For questions or assistance, please contact Miriam Dance, (208) 282-4361 or email@example.com.