National Dance Education Organization
The purpose of this organization, as established and delineated by the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) is as follows;
Student Chapters of the National Dance Education Organization encourage students to participate in activities affiliated with the national organization., including conferences and governance, and to unite on a local level to address important issues and concerns, host activities., and recognize the outstanding accompiishments of one another.
Student Chapters are local associations of coi1ege-aged students that align their mission and activities with NDEO's mission to advance dance education centered in the arts. SCs are comprised of students interested in dance and dance education at degree awarding institutions or professional dance education programs that are Institutional Members of NDEO.
A Student Chapter provides leadership and social opportunities for student members. Activities can be both on and off campus. The activities can be in collaboration with already existing student organizations., community organizations., and K12 public/private schools and dance studios. Each SC will function differently depending on the needs of those student members in particular dance programs. Activities for Student Chapters include., but are not limited to:
• Administering the National Honor Society for Dance Arts
• Implementing mentorship programs with incoming freshmen or local high school dance students
• Sponsoring dance technique classes or workshops for the school or community
• Raising money to benefit local dance initiatives or charity programs
• Organizing advocacy efforts either at the university or city /state level
• Hosting professional and career development networking events
• Preparing and submitting a proposal to present at the NDEO National Conference with the help of their faculty advisor