Preventive dental services provided for adults and children include:
- Prophylaxis (Professional Cleaning): You will receive a thorough cleaning to remove calculus (tartar), plaque, and common stains from your teeth followed by flossing and polishing.
- Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing: Scaling and root planing is a "deep cleaning" used to treat periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is an infection that affects the gum tissues and bone that support the teeth. Untreated, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss. Plaque and calculus deposits are removed through the use of an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Sealants: A sealant is a material applied to the chewing surfaces of the teeth where decay occurs most often. Sealants form a barrier that keeps out plaque and food and helps to reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is recommended for patients of all ages and helps strengthen teeth and prevents tooth decay.
- Tooth Whitening: Tooth whitening is sometimes referred to as "bleaching" and is a procedure used to whiten or brighten discolored or stained teeth.
- Patient Education: Individualized plan for optimal oral health.
Restorative services for ISU students and employees only available from the 3rd week in October through the end of spring semester. Amalgam (silver) and composite (tooth colored) fillings are available.
Services and Fees
|Extensive Cleaning||$30.00 - $33.00
|Sealants||$10.00 (Per Tooth)|
|X-Rays, Limited Bitewings||Included in Initial Exam|
Full Mouth X-Rays
Included in Initial Exam
|Teeth Whitening Kit||$60.00|
Other services included with the dental hygiene therapy at no additional fee are:
- Patient education
- Smoothing & polishing of fillings
Restorative Services and Fees
Those eligible for Restorative Services include ISU students and employees from the 3rd week in October through the end of spring semester.
|Amalgam (Silver) Fillings||$33.00 - $70.00|
|Composite (Tooth Colored) Fillings||$42.00 - $100.00|