Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (C-SURF)
Must be a Chemistry or Biochemistry major currently enrolled as Sophomores or Juniors.
Students must be either part-time or full-time and be in good academic standing.
Students must be conducting research in the Chemistry Department during the Summer session.
The funds will cover up to $2500 in wages ($12 per hour) for the awardees.
Expectations of awardees:
1) Award recipients are expected to work a minimum of 20-30 hours per week for approximately 8-10 weeks during the summer.
2) Award recipients are expected to present a poster or other presentation on their summer research at an appropriate venue such as ISU's Undergraduate Research Symposium or another professional meeting/conference.
3) Award recipients are expected to submit a Final Report to the Department Chair that includes:
- Summary of your project accomplishments (research results)
- How this project has benefited your education
- Any other comments you may have
This final report deadline can vary, please check with the Department Chair for an exact date.
Students should submit the following electronically:
1. Abstract (approximately 250 words)
- Description of research project including significance and approach(es).
2. Chemistry Research Advisor Letter of Support
3. History of Research by Student Applicant
- List research advisor(s) and time(s) of research, include any poster or other presentations or papers.
4. Unofficial Transcript
5. Student Statement (single-spaced and no more than one page in length) that answers the following questions:
- Describe why they would like to participate in this research project.
- Project timeline including start and end dates (8-10 weeks)
- How will it benefit their education?
- How will it benefit future careers?
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-282-4444.
Deadline for all applicants is February 1st of each year.
- If the deadline falls on a weekend, then applications will be due the Monday after.