The College Executive Committee (CEC) serves an important advisory function to the Dean and Associate Deans on issues critical to the operation of the College, particularly the strategic development of the College. It is one of two standing faculty committees.
The CEC also considers faculty promotion and tenure recommendations, reviews sabbatical applications, and other issues as identified by the College leadership.
The CEC is comprised of six tenured faculty members (three from each division of the College) who are selected following a vote of the faculty in their respective division.
Faculty members are selected to serve on this committee for a term of three years (the terms are staggered in one-year increments) and may serve no more than six consecutive years.
Only one faculty member from any department may serve at any one time.
A member of the Chairs’ Council is appointed by the Dean to serve as an additional ex officio member.
- Tom Klein, English & Philosophy (Term: 2017-2020)
- Nancy Legge, Communication, Media & Persuasion (Term: 2015-2018)
- Tara Young, Theater & Dance (Term: 2016-2019)
- Shannon Lynch, Psychology (Term: 2018-2021)
- Mark McBeth, Political Science (Term: 2017-2020)
- DJ Williams, Sociology, Social Work, & Criminology (Term: 2016-2019)
- Raphael Njoku, Ex-officio Member, Chair of Global Studies & Languages
The Cultural Events Committee's mission is to bring together University and Idaho communities through rich cultural activities. The Committee sponsors artistic, intellectual, and cultural events that enrich campus and community experiences and that link people of different backgrounds through common interest.
The committee has two grant programs that are used to help sponsor appropriate events.
The Cultural Events Committee logo is available for download.
The following faculty members serve three-year terms on the Cultural Events Committee:
- Bethany Schultz Hurst, College of Arts & Letters (English & Philosophy), Chair
- Amanda Zink, College of Arts & Letters (English & Philosophy)
- King Yik, College of Arts & Letters (International Studies)
- Cory Bennett, (College of Education)
- Tracy Payne (Math)
The College of Arts & Letters has various committees that help the College continue to thrive. Below is a list of the different committees and the faculty members who serve on them.
- Laura Ahola-Young, Art (Term: 2015-2019)
- Zack Heern, History (Term: 2017-2018)
- Kathleen Lane, Music (Term: 2015-2018)
- Sonja Launspach, English & Philosophy (Term: 2017-2020)
- Justin Stover, History (Term: 2016-2019)
- Jeremy Thomas, Sociology, Social Work, & Criminology (Term: 2017-2020)
- Matt Levay, English & Philosophy (Term: 2017-2020)
- Joshua Swift, Psychology (Term: 2016-2019)
- Sonja Launspach, English & Philosophy, Alternate
- Katrina Running, Sociology, Social Work, & Criminology, Alternate
University Library Committee
- Shane Gleason, Political Science (Term: 2016-2019)
- Susan Goslee, English & Philosophy (2015-2018)
- Zac Gershberg, Communication, Media, & Persuasion (Term: 2015-2018)
- Xiaomeng Xu, Psychology (Term: 2015-2018)
- Brian Attebery, English & Philosophy (Term: 2015-2018)
- Carrmen Febles, Global Studies & Languages (Term: 2017-2020)
General Education Requirements Committee (GERC)
- Jim Skidmore, Philosophy (Term: 2016-2019)
- Kathleen Kole de Peralta, History (Term: 2016-2020)
- D. Jasun Carr, Communication, Media, & Persuasion (Term: 2017-2020)
- Yolanda Youngs, Global Studies & Languages (Term: 2015-2018)
Academic Standards Committee
- Brett Wolter, English & Philosophy (Term: 2016-2019)
Cultural Events Committee: (Not from English and Philosophy)
Fine Arts & Humanities
College Executive Committee (CEC): (Not English or Theatre)
University Library Committee: (2)
Social and Behavioral Science
Graduate Council: (1 position, 1 alternate)
Undergraduate Curriculum Council (UCC):
University Library Committee: