Small Business Technology
Small Business owners manage and maintain all aspects of a self-owned business. The student will learn topics such as small business opportunities, business plans, sources of financing, forms of small business ownership, family-owned businesses, and other small business topics are discussed. Students will also study markets and pricing, promotion and selling, e-commerce, managing finances, legal concerns, human resources, and inventory control. Extensive software skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Small business owners need excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination skills, and the ability to work well with internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
Associate of Applied Science Small Business Technology (2 years)
- Course Sequence Associate of Applied Science Degree: Small Business Technology
Basic Technical Certificate Small Business Technology (1 Semester)
- Course Sequence Basic Technical Certificate: Small Business Technology
- Program accepts students in August and January
- Typical classroom hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Schools and colleges
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
- Professional offices
Minimum Test Scores
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|