Combined Biological Sciences Scholarships
Approved by the Awards & Recommendation Committee: 25 January 2019
Combined Biological Sciences Scholarships incorporates several separate scholarships that are available to full-time undergraduate and graduate students majoring in the Biological Sciences. Eligibility requirements vary based on the specific scholarship. Application materials will be accepted February through mid-April each year.
- Biological Sciences Endowment Scholarship - 3.00 GPA , Undergraduate students, Financial Need, preference to students who participate in departmental activities such as earning credit for doing undergraduate research.
- Edson Fichter Scholarship - 2.50 GPA , Undergrad/Grad, preference to students with research or volunteer experience in wildlife management and a career objective in the field of Wildlife Ecology.
- Albert Burch Strahan Memorial Scholarship - 2.00 GPA , Junior or Senior, Ecology major, Idaho residency, preference to Wildlife or Stream Ecology.
- Dr. Barry L. Keller Memorial - Graduate student enrolled in the ISU Department of Biological Sciences, recipients of this award shall be involved in the study of ecology, environmental sciences, or field biology. Award based upon academic merit.
- William Whitehead Memorial - 2.60 GPA , Undergrad/Grad, majoring in Biology or Physical Science, Idaho resident
- Ronald W. & Joan H. McCune Microbiology/Biochemistry - Awarded to a junior or senior microbiology or microchemistry major. Must be a full-time student with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Dr. Deborah Davis Memorial - FEMALE Graduate student a seeking a degree in Biology. If no suitable graduate students are available, the award may be given to a female undergraduate student seeking a degree in Biology.
- Michael J. Kruzer Jr. - Graduate student or upper level undergraduate student doing his/her senior thesis. The work of these students should be focused on alpine environments or attempting to understand how climate change may manifest in these habitats. Preference will be given to a Graduate student or upper level undergraduate student doing publishable research on the Beartooth Plateau, involving the American Pika &/or global warming. Part of the Combined Biological Sciences Scholarship Application.
- Esther Fujimoto - This scholarship is available to declared Biology majors who are finishing their sophomore or junior years. A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required. Preference will be given to students who are working in a Molecular Biology lab or who are first-generation college students.
Apply using Bengal Online Scholarship System (BOSS).