Class Schedule Terminology
A code used to designate where a course section is taught:
- PC = Pocatello
- IF = Idaho Falls
- MD = Meridian
- TF = Twin Falls
- HS = High School
The abbreviations used to designate which days a course section will be taught:
- Monday = M, Tuesday = T, Wednesday = W, Thursday = R, Friday = F, Saturday = S, Sunday = U
- A Monday, Wednesday, Friday designation would = MWF
- A Tuesday, Thursday designation would = TR
The maximum number of students who will be allowed to register for a course section
The time for the class. Some classes that are listed with a TBA You will see this abbreviation when the instructor for a course or the time for a course has not yet been determined or when the class time has not been determined. It is also used when a course has no specific class time because it is online
A unique four-digit code used to designate a specific offering in the university catalog.
- Courses numbered 1000-2999 are undergraduate courses that are considered lower division courses leading to associate degrees
- Courses numbered 3000-4999 are undergraduate courses that are considered upper division courses leading to bachelor degrees
- Courses numbered 5000-6999 are reserved for graduate level courses leading to master or doctoral degrees
- Courses the begin with 00 are considered remedial and will not count toward academic degrees
The unique Course Reference Number for a specific course section on the class schedule
The number of credit hours for a designated ours section as listed in the university catalog.
The designator used for the subject area(e.g. ENGL = English)
Flag designates that the student will need to request a registration override from the instructor to register for a course section.
An option to take a course for a grade that does not affect the grade point average(GPA). This option is only available on courses at the departments discretion.
The two digit number after the course number in the class schedule that distinguish one course offering from the others with the same course number (e.g. ENGL 1101-01 or ENGL 1102-01)
The course title as listed in the university catalog
Designated if a course section will be taught by a method other than standard lecture:
- WC = Web Course(Fully Online)
- WS = Web Supplemented(i.e. Moodle or other tool used to supplement instruction)
- VS = Video Conference Web Supplemented course
The semester of the class schedule to review
An option available for students when a course section is full and they wish to be allowed to register if an opening occurs.
Pocatello, ID. 83209
8 AM to 5 PM, Monday-Friday
8 AM to 4 PM, Monday-Friday