General Education Requirements
A Catalog Year is the official means used to determine graduation requirements, including general education. The academic year a student matriculates into ISU is the default Catalog Year that establishes their academic record. Catalog requirements may change from one catalog year to another.
Be aware a student's catalog year may be changed:
- At the request of the student who, in consultation with an advisor, determines an advantage for using a later catalog
- When a department formally approves a student's curriculum (major) change request
- When a student has an enrollment gap of eight or more semesters (including summers)
Before changing their major, students should consult with a departmental based advisor to review the impact to program and general education requirements for the desired catalog year.
A student's current catalog year is found in BengalWeb:
- Go to the Academic Tools menu link
- Find the Registration Tools section
- Click on "My Registration and Schedule Information (My Profile)"
- The current Major and Catalog Term are listed under "Curriculum, Hours & GPA"
To change your major - follow the guidelines noted for Declaring or Changing a Major or Minor.
2019-2020 Catalog Year
- 2019-2020 General Education Requirements (PDF)
- 2019-2020 Undergraduate Catalog - coming soon...