General Education Requirements by Catalog Year
Catalog Year is the official means used to determine graduation requirements, including general education. The academic year a student matriculates into ISU is the default Catalog Year that establishes their academic record. Catalog requirements may change from one catalog year to another.
Be aware a student's catalog year may be changed:
- at the request of the student who, in consultation with an advisor, determines an advantage for using a later catalog;
- when a department formally approves a student's curriculum (major) change request;
- or when a student has an enrollment gap of eight or more semesters (including summers).
Before changing their major, students should consult with a departmental based advisor to review the impact to program and general education requirements for the desired catalog year.
A student's current catalog year is found in Bengal Web:
- Go to Academic Tools;
- find Registration Tools;
- click on My Registration and Schedule Information (My Profile);
- the current Major and Catalog Term are listed under “Curriculum, Hours & GPA."
To change your major - follow the guidelines noted for Declaring/Changing Major-Minor.
- 2018-2019 General Education Requirements (PDF)
- 2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog ... Coming soon!