Readmission After Dismissal is an option for undergraduate students who have extenuating circumstances. Students who wish to petition the Readmission Review Board (RRB) for readmission must complete the Readmission Petition and Application in consultation with their advisor.
Petitions must be accompanied by relevant documentation from appropriate sources and a thoughtfully prepared Readmission statement.
The RRB will be guided in its decision by evidence of academic potential and readiness to handle the curriculum in a satisfactory manner, evidence of motivation to pursue an educational goal, and evidence that corrective measures have been taken by the undergraduate student.
Readmitted undergraduate students will have stipulations placed upon their Readmission which may include:
- Repeating courses previously taken
- Limiting the number of credits attempted
- Enrolling in specific courses
- Scheduling regular follow-up with an advisor or faculty member
- Receiving specific assistance from the Career Center, ADA, or other ISU academic support services
- Participation in specific study labs or help groups
Deadlines for the fall and spring semesters are stated these on the Readmission Petition application. Decisions reached by the RRB are final.
The Readmission Petition, Application, and all documentation must be submitted to Central Academic Advising.
The Readmission form can be downloaded and printed.