The Veterans Sanctuary works with mental health clinics and offices in the Greater Pocatello area to ensure that our student veterans have access to the services that best meet their needs. Some of our partners include:
ISU Counseling & Testing Service: The counseling staff of the University Counseling & Testing Service are available free of charge to assist students who are encountering personal, social and emotional difficulties while enrolled in at least one credit at Idaho State University.
If interested in counseling, students can stop by the University Counseling & Testing Service at Graveley Hall South, room 351, to fill out initial paperwork and make appointment for an assessment, given our availability. We also have a second location at the ISU Idaho Falls Campus on Science Center Drive in the Bennion Student Union Building, room 223.
During times of high demand for counseling services and limited availability of staff, students who are not currently at high risk will be placed on a wait list and contacted as soon as there is an opening. Students placed on the wait list will also be provided with referrals for other low cost/no cost counseling services in the community.
During the assessment, students and their assessment counselor discuss the student's needs and concerns and decide upon an appropriate plan which might include individual, couples and/or group therapy. When a student's needs are different from the services provided at our office, the counselor will assist the student with a referral. For more information about services on the Pocatello campus, or to schedule an appointment, call (208) 282-2130. Visit the Counseling and Testing website at http:/ /www.isu.edu/ctc/. For more information about services in Idaho Falls, call 208-282- 7750 (fax: 208 282-7755) or click on their website: http://www.isu.edu/departments/ ctcif.
- Pocatello Vet Center: The Pocatello Vet Center, a VA affiliated clinic located at 1800 Garrett Way in Pocatello, provides free readjustment counseling services to veterans. There are two licensed counselors and a clinical psychologist on staff. Services include group and individual therapy. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call (208) 232-0316.
- VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics:
444 Hospital Way, Suite 801
Pocatello, Idaho 83201
(208) 232-6214 Idaho Falls Outreach Clinic
Eagle Pines Plaza
3544 East 17th Street, Suite 104
Ammon, ID 83406
ISU Psychology Clinic: The clinical services provided primarily reflect the specialty areas of the faculty members of the Psychology Department at ISU. Currently, the Psychology Clinic offers services for:
- emotional disorders of adults, adolescents, and children (e.g., depression, anxiety, and anger)
- behavior problems of children and pre-adolescents
- children with difficulty attending school or experiencing distress while at school
- children showing reluctance or unwillingness to speak
- women with symptoms of depression during pregnancy and the postpartum
- couples/family therapy
- trauma treatment
- memory and cognitive assessments
- psycho-educational evaluations
The clinic is open year-round but has more limited availability of services in the summer. Hours are generally restricted to the workday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the academic year and 9 a.m. to 5:30 pm in the summer. Some services may have a waiting list, although clients can usually obtain services within one month. Individuals who cannot be served or cannot wait are referred to appropriate community services.
Visit the ISU Psychology Clinic website at http://www.isu.edu/psych/ psychologyclinic.shtml#clinical. For further information, or an appointment, call (208) 282- 2129.