Travel and Expense System
The Banner Travel and Expense system manages both travel authorization and travel reimbursement requests. Roles in the system include:
- Delegates, who are responsible for entering data into the system for travelers
- Travelers, who must verify and approve all data that has been entered for their travel
- Approvers, who must approve all travel requests and expense reports. All approvals are routed to approvers through an electronic Workflow system. Approvers are notified of pending approvals via email and in BengalWeb.
Initial Setup of the Travel and Expense System
Before you can use the Travel and Expense system, you must follow the steps listed below, or the system will not work properly.
Please watch each video and carefully follow the steps it shows. (Please note that step 2 is for Approvers only. Travelers can watch this section, but do not have to add the workflow channel.) We also have a printable version of the instructions you can use to help you complete these steps correctly.
- Step 1: Setup the Travel and Expense channel in BengalWeb
- Step 2: Setup the workflow channel in BengalWeb (Approvers only)
- Step 3: Access the Travel and Expense system
- Step 4: Setup and edit your profile in the Travel and Expense system
- Step 5: Assign a Delegate for your travel
Instructions for Using the Travel and Expense System
The Travel and Expense User's Guide contains detailed instructions for how to use the Travel and Expense system after you have completed setting it up.To get an overview of how requests are processed through the system, view the Travel Request or Expense Report flow charts.
Before contacting your Delegate, please complete the appropriate form below. Give your delegate the completed form so he/she will have all the information needed to process your travel request or expense report.
Special Notes for the Travel and Expense System
- Internet Explorer: Because of the way Internet Explorer keeps track of sessions, the Travel and Expense system does not work reliably in that browser. We recommend that you use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
- iPad: The Travel and Expense system requires the use of Flash. As a result, it cannot be accessed from an iPad.
- Off-Campus Approvals: If you must approve travel authorizations or expense reports from off-campus, you will need to use VPN software. Please contact the ITS Service Desk (208-282-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance in setting this up.