Argos is a tool to help ISU personnel access the data they need from the Banner database. Argos produces reports based on requests for information made from end users around campus. Once a report is created, anyone with appropriate clearance can look up that report information on their own computer, any time they want. The report is updated each night, so the information a report contains is generally accurate as of the night before.
Access to information in Argos is set to match the security access you have in Banner. If you have clearance in Banner to look at certain information, Argos will allow you to access that information as well. If you do not have clearance, you won’t be able to access the information.
- What Reports are Available?
See what reports are currently available (includes a description of what each one does).
- Quick Guide for Argos Reports
Click here for an easy-to-use PDF document.
New Features Coming in Argos
We are working on an Argos pgrade which provides some importnnt new capabilities.
- Argos will work on Apple computer products. This includes Mac laptops, iPads, and even iPhones. You no longer need to run Argos in a virtual PC enviornment.
- Argos will run in any modern browser, without requiring any additional add-ons such as IETabs in firefox.
- A new, intuitive user interface makes navigation much simpler.
- More advanced tools available in the new version will be covered in a series of workshops this fall.
Stay tuned for more information!