Argos Reporting, Access Argos Using Firefox
Argos does not work in Firefox 3.6 unless the IE Tab 2 add-on is installed. This extension allows selected sites to use embedded Internet Explorer. Follow these instructions:
Please note: the IE Tab 2 is a convenience tool only. Please use Internet Explorer if you experience any errors or other issues. IE Tab 2 is not supported or maintained by Idaho State University or the IT Service Desk and could break due to updates at any time.
- Open Firefox.
- From the menu bar, select Tools, then Add-ons.
- The Add-ons screen appears. Click Get Add-ons, and then click on the Browse All Add-ons link.
- The Add-ons for FireFox site will appear. Enter IE Tab 2 in the search field. From the drop-down menu select all add-ons, and then click on the green arrow button on the right.
- The IE Tab 2 (FF 3.6+) extension should appear at the top of the results list. (If it doesn't appear first, scroll down to find it.) Now click on the green Add to Firefox (Windows) button to download.
6. The Software Installation box will appear. Click the Install Now button.
7. Once the installation is complete, click Restart Firefox.
ADD SITES TO IE TAB PLUS
Now that the IE Tab 2 extension is installed, add sites that use this extension by following the instructions below.
- Open Firefox.
- From the menu bar, select Tools > IE Tab Plus Options.
- Make sure that the tab is selected, and then enter the address for Argos in the URL field -- http://aim.isos.isu.edu:8080.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
You should now be able to access Argos using Firefox!
Note: If Argos does not open automatically, check the lower right-hand corner of the browser window. If the Firefox icon (a globe) is showing, click on it. The Internet Explorer symbol (a blue "e") should appear:
The login screen should now automatically appear.