Argos Reporting, Access Argos Using Firefox 4+
Argos does not work in Firefox 4+ unless the IE Tab PLUS add-on is installed. This extension allows selected sites to use embedded Internet Explorer. Follow these instructions:
Please note: the IE Tab Plus is a convenience tool only. Please use Internet Explorer if you experience any errors or other issues. IE Tab Plus is not supported or maintained by Idaho State University or the IT Service Desk and could break due to updates at any time.
- Open Firefox.
- From the menu bar, select the Firefox down arrow, then Add-ons.
- The Add-ons screen appears. Click Get Add-ons, and then click on the Search All Add-ons link.
- Enter IE Tab Plus in the search field. Make sure Available Add-ons is selected.
- IE Tab Plus (FF 5+, 4+, 3.6+) should appear at or near the top of the list. (If it doesn't appear first, scroll down to find it.) Now click on the white Install button to download.
6. A download bar will appear briefly. You will then be prompted to Restart Firefox. Click on the Restart now link.
7. Once the Firefox has restarted, click on My Add-ons.
ADD SITES TO IE TAB PLUS
Now that the IE Tab Plus extension is installed, add sites that use this extension by following the instructions below.
- Once the Firefox has restarted, click on My Add-ons.
- Click on the Options button for IE Tab Plus.
- Click on the Sites Filter tab.
- Enter the Argos URL (http://aim.isos.isu.edu:8080/argos/) in the URL box.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
You should now be able to access Argos using Firefox!
Note: If Argos does not open automatically, check the lower right-hand corner of the browser window. If the Firefox icon (a globe) is showing, click on it. The Internet Explorer symbol (a blue "e") should appear:
The login screen should now automatically appear.