Managing Enrollment with Online Wait Lists
In BengalWeb, students who wish to register for a class that is already full can request to be added to a wait list (as long as they meet course prerequisites and restrictions).
More About Wait Lists
- When someone drops and a spot in the class becomes available, the system will notify the student who is #1 on the wait list via their ISU email, and they then have 24 hours to register. If they don't, they are dropped from the list. Note: This is another good reason to help make sure that all students are actively using their ISU email accounts (or forwarding their ISU email to an account that they do check regularly).
- A student can be enrolled in one section of a course and on a wait list for another section; a student can be on more than one wait list for the same course.
- Wait lists cap out at 50% of course limit. The high percentage is to allow for monitoring of demand.
- No one but students themselves or the Registrar’s office can put them on a wait list.
- Students should be encouraged to remember to drop themselves from wait lists if they are no longer interested (they do this by dropping the class). This opens spots for others without unnecessary delay.
- Position on a wait list is allotted first according to class level and then according to time of registration.
Viewing a Course Wait List:
- Log in to BengalWeb, and go to the Faculty Section Assignments channel on the Academics tab. You will see a list of your course assignments displayed. To view the wait list for a course, click the Wait List icon that appears immediately to the right of the Class List icon for the same course.
- The Summary Wait List screen appears. If there are students waiting to enroll, you will see their information. The picture below illustrates a case in which there are no students wait listed. You may select from links at bottom of screen to see additional information. The Detail Wait List displays class level, program, and major for all students.
Note: When a student is wait listed for your class, you will see what position they are in on the wait list. Because students are not able to see that information, they might sometimes contact you to inquire.
Last Modified: 09/16/10 at 11:20:44 AM