Banner/Argos Access Request Process - printer friendly version
The process outlined below defines the steps by which end users can request access to services in Banner (either Internet Native Banner (INB) or Self-Service Banner (SSB)), or to Argos reports. The ITS Service Desk is the single point of contact for end users.
- Applicant or supervisor fills out the online ISU Banner/Argos Request form. Requests to add or update time approvers or proxies can be sent directly to Ray Ludwig (email@example.com; x2518. Requests for fund/org access can be submitted directly Dane Bohman (firstname.lastname@example.org; x3533).
- Once the form is completed, click Submit. The completed form goes to the IT Service Desk.
- The IT Service Desk will review the submitted form for completeness. If additional information is needed, a member of the IT Service Desk will contact the applicant or the applicant’s supervisor for more details.
- When the form is complete, the applicant will receive a verification email asking them to read and agree to abide by the following policies: ISU Protection of Sensitive Data MAPP, ISU Acceptable Use Policy, and ISU Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) policy. The applicant must click to agree/disagree to the terms by pressing the approve/disapprove button at the end of the email.
- The applicant’s supervisor will then receive an email asking them to approve/disapprove the access request, by clicking on the approve/disapprove button at the end of the email.
- After supervisor approval, the request will be forwarded to the appropriate Data Custodians for their review and action, and to the ERP trainers to let the applicant know of any training required or available.
- If the request is granted, the IT Service Desk will email the applicant instructions on how to log in to Banner/Argos..