- Tom Putnam
- Region V Transition Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (208) 282-4663
- Fax: (208) 282-4641
- Lindsey Nye
- Administrative Assistant
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (208) 282-5410
- Region 5 Tech Prep
- ISU College of Technology
- 921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8380
- Pocatello, ID. 83209-8380
PROFESSIONAL-TECHNICAL EDUCATION ADVANCED OPPORTUNITIES
Professional-Technical Education Advanced Opportunities provide high school students with the technical skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to prepare for high skill, high wage, and high demand occupations.
DUAL TECHNICAL CREDIT
- High school students simultaneously earn credit toward a high school diploma and a postsecondary degree or certificate
- Dual Technical Credit is awarded for the successful completion of a course
- The cost is $65 per credit and fees are paid at the time of registration
- Eligible to use Fast Forward funding. Find more information on Fast Forward here.
- Students are enrolled as non-degree seeking, early college students.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY CREDIT
- High school students document proficiency in skills and competencies in an approved high school professional-technical program
- Competencies are evaluated for postsecondary transcription at a later date (up to two years)
- The cost is $10 per credit
- Not eligible to use Fast Forward funding
- Student must receive a B- (80%) or better in their class to be eligible for college credit
- If a student wants to receive college credit, they must complete an application along with a $10 per credit fee
- Students have up to two years after completing the course to receive college credit
- For questions on how to transcript credit, please contact Tom Putnam at 282-4663.
HOW DOES IT SUPPORT YOU?
- Allows students to earn college credit in high school
- Significant savings on college costs by earning low-cost credits in high school
- Eliminates duplication of courses
- Provides a jump start on college education and may shorten time needed to complete college
- Introduces basic skill development for specific vocations and careers
Access to CATEMA