Tech Prep Enrollment
- Who can enroll in Tech Prep?
A: Idaho high school students enrolled in approved professional-technical (vocational) classes.
- When can a student enroll in Tech Prep?
A: Students can enroll in Tech Prep at any time in high school.
- What are the benefits of enrolling in Tech Prep?
A: Students can transcript college credit for technical classes they take in high school. Students may use up to 8 credits transcripted through Tech Prep toward academic elective requirements at ISU. Please check with your academic advisor to verify that these credits fulfill your elective requirements. Tech Prep students may also take the COMPASS test while in high school for free. This test is used for admission to ISU College of Technology, as well as being the math and English placement test at ISU..
- How does a student apply for enrollment in Tech Prep?
A: Enrollment is available through this link.
- What does it cost to enroll in Tech Prep?
A: There is no charge for enrolling in Tech Prep. If students desire to transcript college credit, there is a $15/credit fee.
- Q: What options are available for students to receive credit through the Tech Prep Program?
A: When enrolled in a high school Tech Prep class, students may receive college credit if they successfully complete the class.
*Students may transcript college credits up to two years after completing the course, if they have earned a B- or higher in a qualified class.
- Q: How do students transcript college credits for a high school class?
A: A full explanation of the transcription process is available here.