Student Health Insurance (SHIP)
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE NEWS
- BE INFORMED ABOUT PATIENT PROTECTION AND AFFORDABILITY CARE ACT (HEALTH CARE REFORM) Click hereto see how health care reform affects the SHIP plan.
If you Want to Waive Your SHIP - Deadline for Spring, 2013 01/28/2013. Click Here. You will be directed to the secure site of ISU waiver administrator, Ascension Agency. You must wait 48 hours after you are registered for classes to waive the health insurance. Those students on late 8 weeks, please contact student health insurance office.You are responsible for waiving your health insurance every semester.
YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED IN STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE (SHIP) AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREMIUM IF YOU ARE...
- A full-time fee paying domestic undergraduate student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours
- A full-time fee paying domestic graduate student enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours
- An international student enrolled in at least one (1) credit hour
- A full-time session fee paying Applied Tech student enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours per session
...UNLESS YOU SUBMIT A WAIVER APPLICATION BY THE DEADLINE EACH SEMESTER
- All students are eligible to waive.
- All students who waive must have other health insurance that meets the minimum waiver criteria
- All students who waive must have continuous health insurance in place for the entire school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about the Student Health Insurance Plan? You can find answers here
Click here for an overview of your Student Health Insurance Plan
Policy Period Coverage Dates For School Year 2012/2013
Coverage for all insured students becomes effective for Fall semester at 12:01 a.m., August 15, 2012 and will terminate at 12:01 a.m. January 1, 2013. Coverage for Spring semester will become effective at 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 2013 and will terminate at 12:01 a.m. August 15, 2013. Coverage for students and dependents becomes effective on that date or the date application and full premium are received by the Company (or its authorized representative) whichever is later.
Spouse and dependent rates are in addition to the student rate (only the dependents of an insured student are eligible). Please contact the student health insurance office for more information at 282-2972.
|Fall Semester 2012
8/15/2012 to 1/1/2013
1/1/2013 to 8/15/2013
For complete plan information, including dependent enrollment, temporary ID card, and the plan brochure, visit: www.renstudent.com/isu
Plan Administered by:
Ascenion Benefits and Insurance Solutions
1437 7th Street Suite 400
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Contact InformationStudent Health Insurance
921 S. 8th, Stop 8375
Pocatello, ID 83209