[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Student Health Insurance Plan
Idaho State Board of Education policy requires all fulltime, fee-paying students and all international students taking one or more credit, to have health insurance coverage.
You will be automatically enrolled in SHIP and are responsible for the premium if you are:
- A full-time, fee-paying, domestic, undergraduate student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours
- A full-time, fee-paying, domestic, graduate student in at least 9 credit hours
- A full-time, session-paying, Applied Tech student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per session
- An International student enrolled in at least 1 credit hour
The Student Health Insurance Plan for Spring, 2015 is effective 1/1/2015, through 8/14/2015.
For information on the current ISU Student Health Insurance Plan, please see http://www.renstudent.com/Students/default.aspx
If you would like to waive your SHIP, it must be completed by the deadline. The deadline for Spring, 2015 is January 28, 2015.
Students who would like to submit a waiver application:
- Must have other health insurance that meets the minimum waiver criteria
- Must have continuous health insurance in place for the entire school year
Visit the secure ISU waiver administrator site, Ascension Agency to waive the Student Health Insurance.
Plan Administered by:
Ascenion Benefits and Insurance Solutions
12121 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2001
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Athletic Injury Policy
Letter to Parent/Athlete
Athletic Insurance Information Form
Health Care Reform
On March 23, 2010, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law by President Obama. Many patients are unsure of how their insurance plans and coverage are changing. Learn more about how your student health insurance is affected.
In addition, be informed in regards to Idaho Health Care Exchanges.