Thank you for your interest in the ISU Children's Chorus! We are excited about the potential of
having your child in our choir! We've listed general choir information, as well as criteria below and
would appreciate if you would read the information first to make sure this is a good fit for your
child. Then, after reading the information, e-mail Becky Moore and we can set up/confirm an
audition time. Thank you again for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Becky Moore & Sarah Davids
Answers to questions people ask who are mildly interested:
- The choir is sponsored by the Idaho State University Music Department.
- It is a one of a kind choir with a history of quality choral training for over 25 years!
- Children in the 3rd through 8th grade are eligible to audition.
- Rehearsals coincide with ISU's semester schedule and take place on Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30 P.M. in the Choir Room in the Fine Arts Building on the ISU campus.
- Students must pay a $120 tuition with an additional $10 Activity fee per semester.
- Students must purchase their own uniform (approx. $65 for girls and $45 for boys.)
- The chorus is co-directed by Becky Moore & Sarah Davids. Both are experienced and certified music teachers with degrees in Music Education from Idaho State University.
Answers to questions for people who are seriously interested:
- Students who audition should love to sing and be able to match pitch on a consistent basis.
- Rehearsals run for one and a half hours. There are extended rehearsals of 2 hours just prior to a final concert season. If your child cannot or will not be able to sit through that length of time, consider waiting another year before auditioning.
- A strong criteria used is if students are currently taking private piano or other instrumental lessons.
- If your child has not taken any private lessons, signing up for piano lessons for one year prior or during the choir year are advised.
- Students auditioning should prepare a song to be sung with or without accompaniment. (An accompaniment is preferred.) CD accompaniment is fine or you may bring your own accompanist.
- Audition times are 15 minutes long.
- If accepted in the choir, practicing at home is required. Students are required to practice at least 4 days a week for a minimum of 15 minutes each day.
- Students are expected to attend all rehearsals and all performances. If a child is ill and a call has been received by a director, the absence is excused. Students are allowed 3 EXCUSED ABSENCES. After a 2nd UNEXCUSED ABSENCE (no notification before or after the rehearsal), the student can be removed from the chorus.
Where are the auditions held?
Auditions are held on the ISU campus in the Fine Arts Building. We will hold the auditions in the Choir
Room which is Room 110.