Social Work Program Goals
The goals of the social work program are to prepare students:
- For beginning generalist social work practice with individuals, families, small groups, organizations and communities (i.e.micro, mezzo and macro systems).
- To develop an identity which will incorporate the values, principles and ethics of the social work profession.
- As beginning social work generalists who link social research and social work practice.
- For lifelong learning and critical thinking through an educational process combining a liberal arts foundation and professional foundation.
- To work with diverse, vulnerable, oppressed and disadvantaged populations as well as advance human rights and social and economic justice.