Admission to MA Program
The student must apply to, and meet all criteria for, admission to the Graduate School (here add link to grad school main page). In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, the student must comply with the following departmental requirements:
- Students must score a minimum of the 40th percentile in one of the three sections of the GRE.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0) for the last 60± credits taken as an undergraduate, or permission of the Graduate Director.
- Include a statement of interest and career goals.
- Three letters of recommendation must accompany the application.
For full admission to the graduate program in Sociology, the student must have completed the following courses or their equivalent:
- Introduction to Sociology,
- Social Theory,
- Social Statistics, and
- Social Science Research Methods.
In cases of deficiencies, students may be granted waivers, alternative courses, or Classified with Performance Requirements (w/PR) admission at the discretion of the Sociology Graduate Director