Veterans Applying for Scholarships at Idaho State University
AS A NEW INCOMING VETERAN STUDENT...
- As a new incoming Freshman, apply for admission to Idaho State University prior to the February 15 scholarship deadline. The application for
admission serves as the application for scholarships and non-resident tuition waivers. To be considered for scholarships,
all transcripts and test scores required for admission must be received by the scholarship deadline.
- Check with your church, community organizations, fraternal orders, and your employer, plus the employer of your parents,
grand parents, and/or spouse. Often they will offer scholarship opportunities.
- For those still attending high school, check with your high school counselor, he/she may have information on scholarships
that are made available through the high school and other organizations.
- Visit our Outside Scholarship Resources at
links to a variety
of free national scholarship search databases that can assist you in identifying additional scholarship resources.
- Below is a list of scholarships veterans may apply for. These scholarships open and close at different times of
the year (dependent on funding.) Please view our
Open Scholarship link often to apply for these and other scholarships which you may be eligible for at
- Sergeant Blake Stephens Scholarship: ISU students who have served in the military or ROTC.
Must provide copy of DD214, copy of orders, or letter from ROTC instructor.
- LTC (R) Bart and LTC (R) Laura Hill Scholarship: Must be a student in good standing in the ROTC program at
ISU. Book scholarship awards.
- U.S. Marine Corps League Scholarship: Must have served in the U.S. Marine Corps or the U.S. Marine Corps
Reserve and been honorable discharged, or be a spouse or child of a United States Marine or U.S. Marine Reservist.
- Iwo Jima Scholarship: Open to descendants of a participant in the Battle of Iwo Jima; if no such candidates
apply, then applicant must be a descendant of any World War II veteran. Must have proof of veteran's service.
- MG James Ursano Scholarship Program : Assists children of soldiers on obtaining a 4 year undergraduate
- Women's Overseas Service League: Women who are committed to advancement in the military. Closes March 1
of the following school year.