Outside Scholarship Resources
There are many scholarship resources beyond what you will find on the ISU Scholarship Office web site. If you are an incoming freshman, remember to check with your high school counselor as he/she may know of scholarship opportunities. Also, check with your parents/grandparents as their employers or organizations of which they are members may provide scholarship opportunities to children/grandchildren of employees or members. If you are a current/continuing student at ISU, be sure to check with your major department or college as they sometimes find out about scholarship opportunities from professional organizations and industries related to your major.
In addition, there are a variety of free national scholarship search databases that can assist you in identifying additional scholarship resources. Below is a list of sites that provide scholarship information. Please keep in mind that some of these web sites may sell your profile information to marketing companies, but most, if not all, offer ways to ‘opt-out' of receiving unwanted solicitations. There are also scholarship searches that will charge you a fee. Since there are plenty of online services that don't charge, we suggest that you use the free ones. Stay alert to possible scams. If the guarantee or offer sounds too good to be true, it probably should be avoided.
Please remember that Idaho State University does not endorse any specific web site nor is ISU responsible for the content on the various web sites. We are simply providing these links as a courtesy to you.
- BrokeScholar.com http://www.brokescholar.com
- College Board http://www.collegeboard.com/student/pay/
- CollegeScholarships.org http://www.collegescholarships.org
- FastWeb http://www.fastweb.com
- Free Scholarship Search http://www.college-scholarships.com/free_scholarship_searches.htm
- Petersons.com http://www.petersons.com/finaid/file.asp?id=780&path=ug.pfs.financial
- Princeton Review http://www.princetonreview.com/college/finance/
- ScholarshipExperts.com http://www.scholarshipexperts.com/
- Scholarships.com http://www.scholarships.com
- Smart StudentTM Guide - Links to Major-Specific Scholarship Search Databases http://www.finaid.org/otheraid/majors.phtml