Applying for Scholarships
The ISU Scholarship Office oversees a range of scholarships that are funded
by Idaho State University and donors who support ISU. In order to be considered for these scholarships,
students must annually complete the
BOSS General Application. Important Note: Due to the multitude of variations with Majors, Minors, & Concentrations, as well as the complexity of some scholarship criteria; some scholarships may be "RECOMMENDED" to you for which you are not eligible. Please read the descriptions and related deadlines carefully and apply for those scholarships where you appear to meet the minimum criteria.
Important Instructions Before Accessing BOSS:
- You must be fully admitted to qualify for scholarship opportunities.
- You must be an active “Degree-Seeking” student to apply for scholarship opportunities.
- Make sure your major is current in the ISU Student system.
- All scholarships require full-time status unless otherwise indicated.
- To be considered for any need-based scholarships, you must have your FAFSA completed by the March 1st priority deadline.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for undergraduates and a minimum 3.0 GPA is required for graduate and professional students unless otherwise indicated. GPA requirements vary.
- If a LETTER OF REFERENCE is required, you will have 7 days after the application deadline to make sure it is received for scholarship consideration.
Please be prepared to provide essays, e-mail addresses of individuals who will be providing required reference letters or other documents that may be required. These documents, excluding the letters of reference (see above), must be uploaded to your online application by the scholarship opportunity deadline. The application will state if letters of reference, essays, etc. are required for a scholarship. All document attachments become the property of ISU and will not be returned.
You will want to check BOSS regularly as new scholarship opportunities are added throughout the year. If you encounter problems or have questions while using BOSS, please view the Application Help and Frequently Asked Questions. Some users may experience slow website performance as deadlines approach.
If selected for a scholarship award, award notification will be sent to your ISU E-mail or your current mailing address as listed in BengalWeb. Students are encouraged to monitor these sources for award information.
BOSS Application completion is encouraged for the following students:
- Entering Freshmen with no less than a 2.0 high school GPA who have been FULLY admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students.
- New Transfer students with at least a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 who have been FULLY admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students.
- Continuing Undergraduate students, active in an ISU program, with at least a cumulative ISU undergraduate GPA of 2.0.
- Professional students, active in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, with at least a cumulative ISU professional GPA of 3.0.
- Graduate students, active in an ISU graduate program, with at least a cumulative ISU graduate GPA of 3.0.
You must be fully admitted and maintain full-time enrollment in an ISU program to be eligible to receive ISU scholarship awards. A small handful of scholarships allow less than full-time status and will be clearly indicated as such in the description.
NO Log-In Access to BOSS?
Specific questions regarding your admission application should be directed as follows:
- Graduate School Admissions:
- New Graduate Students
**Incoming (first-time) Freshmen, Transfer, and International Students should be fully admitted by our required deadlines for automatic consideration of several scholarship opportunities. We highly encourage all students to also apply for additional scholarship opportunities through BOSS.
Some departmental scholarships are listed under the “External” section of the Opportunities Tab in BOSS for added exposure. You will be able to print a paper copy of the application by clicking on the links provided. The majority of departmental scholarships are housed within each department. Please contact your major department for further information. See Scholarship Listing by College.