Technology transfer is the process of developing new practical applications from the results of scientific research, and commercializing a new product, process, application, material or service by licensing it to an existing company or new business.
Sustained economic growth is a major long-term goal of governments at all levels. The development and commercialization of new technologies is one of the foundations of successful economic development both locally and nationwide.
Most state and local postsecondary educational institutions work closely with business and industry through collaborative research, consulting, provision of information services, and continuing education. Universities, in partnership with federal agencies, private industry and other institutions, provide research expertise essential to the success of technology transfer.
- Mechanisms that Facilitate Technology Transfer
- Intellectual Property Policies at Idaho State University
- Invention/Discovery Disclosure Form (.pdf)
- Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement Form (pdf)
- ISU Technology Transfer Success Stories
For Technology Transfer Information at ISU - Contact: