Centrally located on campus across Martin Luther King Jr. Way from ISUís Eli M. Oboler Library, the Rendezvous is quickly becoming a gathering place for the campus community. The complex promotes an enhanced collegial atmosphere that integrates upper and lower campuses in a facility where students and faculty can meet both in the classroom and in a social setting.
The Rendezvous Complex is designed to be the center of the University, where many of the Universityís classes can be taught. Because classrooms will be centralized, this should free up space in existing buildings for faculty offices and laboratories.
Other facilities in the Rendezvous include a large computer center and a large meeting room with partitions for conversion into three small meeting rooms. All facilities in the PSUB, including the food service, remain as is.
Quick Facts about the Rendezvous
- 255,000 square feet, five levels
- 50 classrooms, ranging from 15-seat seminar rooms to a 250-seat lecture hall with domed planetarium
- 80 student apartments with 301 beds
- 120-seat open computer center
- Mind's Eye art gallery
- 510-seat dining hall providing both board services and retail sales