The Industrial Safety division of the Department of Campus Security ensures that safety standards are met at Idaho State Univeristy. Its responsibilities include:
- Conducting inspections of University operations and providing necessary instructions and guidance to achieve successful occupational health and safety standards adopted by Idaho State University.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of accident experience and related costs; performing statistical analysis to determine trends, problem areas and overall safety performance; and maintaining and evaluating all safety statistics.
- Informing the President and Department heads about the status of matters affecting the University safety program and relative performance of departments and divisions.
- Conducting training of supervisors in safety supervision and coordinating adequate job instruction procedures and safety training of all employees.
- Making follow-up investigations, when necessary, of accidents and injuries occuring in the University's work operations to determine causes and enhance the establishment of preventive measures.
- Coordinating appropriate safety requirements for contractor's services with the University Attorney and the University's Engineering staff.
- Coordinating appropriate safety engineering considerations in the design of specifications for new equipment with the Purchasing Agent and heads of using departments.
- Review and sign all new construction plans and remodel construction plans.