|ISU Home | A to Z Listing of Web Sites | Search|
|Home | Table of Content | A-Z Index | Search Policies|
Part 6. Student Affairs
Section IV. Classroom
N. Academic Renewal Policy
The purpose of this policy is to allow undergraduate students who are returning to ISU after having been away from college for a number of years a chance for a fresh start. ISU has a petition process for one-time-only use in which the student may request that consecutive semesters of course work be disregarded in calculating the GPA for graduation. To apply a student must file an academic renewal petition with the dean of his/her college. Eligibility for the program will be subject to the following conditions:
1. A minimum of three (3) years will have elapsed since last enrollment at a university before petition may be filed and applicants should have a previous Idaho State University cumulative GPA of less than 2.00.
2. This policy will not be used for individual courses.
3. The petition to be filed by the students will specify consecutive Idaho State University term(s) of undergraduate courses on the transcript to be disregarded.
4. Academic renewal may be awarded one time only.
5. Academic renewal shall not apply to any credits earned for a completed, prior academic degree.
6. Before the petition may be filed, the student must complete a semester or semesters of an additional 12 credit hours of course work at Idaho State University with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or at least 24 credit hours or more of course work with a minimum grade point average of 2.00.
7. Upon approval of the petition, the studentís permanent official academic record will be suitably annotated to indicate that no work taken during the disregarded term(s) may apply toward the computation of credits and grade points, academic standing, and graduation requirements. However, all work will remain on the records, ensuring an accurate academic history.
8. Students should be aware that this policy MIGHT NOT BE ACCEPTED at transfer institutions.