Windows 7, 8 or Mac
- Please note that Mac support at both campuses and in the city of Pocatello is limited so ** bring at your own risk.** We still recommend PC over Mac if you are purchasing a new computer and not familiar with Mac computers.
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 (must include Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Office 2010 & 2013 are preferred. Home & Student versions are acceptable.
Note: the student price through the University Bookstore may be lower than the retail price. Be sure to check out the University Bookstore before purchasing Microsoft Office!
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (Latest version of Internet Explorer)
- Mozilla Firefox browser (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/)
- Current Anti-Virus software (separate from Windows). Examples: Norton, McAfee, AVG, Avast
- Current Anti-Malware (if not included with your Anti-Virus software). Examples: Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Note: Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware help will be available during optional Orientation Workshops.
|| USB flash drive 4 Gb or more recommended
|| "G" wireless standard (802.11g) card is required
Note: watch for additional applications
being pre-selected to download on these screens. You may want
to uncheck these options in order to avoid adding programs
you don't want.