Functions of the Office
|The ISU faculty ombudsperson:
- always maintains strict confidentiality.
- listens to the concerns of faculty members at ISU and uses informal means to facilitate the resolution of concerns and disputes.
- makes appropriate inquiries, involves appropriate other parties, and works to create an environment in which those involved come to a clearer understanding of the situation and reach reasonable and mutually satisfying agreements.
- has institutional authority for access to records or other materials necessary to be effective.
- may play a prescriptive role to alleviate chronic problems by recommending positive changes in policies and practices affecting the faculty.
- authors an annual summary report on the types of matters handled and narrative reflecting the character of the year’s activities to the Faculty Senate.
Last Modified: 04/08/08 at 03:40:28 PM