For a complete listing of opportunities at the School of Nursing (SON), please see the Idaho State University - Human Resources website www.isujobs.net.
Job/Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor, School of Nursing
Primary Purpose: To contribute to the teaching, research and service expectations of a senior level nurse faculty role in the School of Nursing; the emphasis is on core graduate teaching, research productivity with external funding and the continued development of doctoral education.
1. Teach online graduate courses.
2. Work with SON administration to continue implementation of doctoral nursing programs (PhD and DNP).
3. Assume a major lead in the preparation of graduate students for oral and comprehensive examinations.
4. Advise graduate nursing students and work with doctoral students to prepare and defend dissertations.
5. Active engagement in research and contribute to acquisition or external research and development funding.
-Doctoral degree in nursing or related field required with two years teaching experience at the graduate level.
-Demonstrated skills and abilities to conduct research.
-Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
-5-8 years teaching in an academic faculty role or equivalent at the doctoral level.
-NIH, HRSA or comparable of research funding.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of references.
Salary/Pay Information Commensurate with education and experience; competitive benefits package.
Term of Employment: 9,10,11, or 12 month/Full Time