29th Annual “I Love ISU” Campaign features activities In Meridian, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Twin Falls
August 15, 2011
Meridian– The 29th annual “I Love ISU” campaign for Idaho State University academic scholarships is featuring events across southern Idaho in Meridian, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Twin Falls with fundraising calling starting on Sept. 1 in Blackfoot. Money raised in the Treasure Valley will benefit students who attend the Meridian Health Science Center.
“’I Love ISU’ is a tremendous opportunity to help students and be part of ISU,” said Tony Dickey, director of ISU annual giving. “With our help, the scholarships provided to students can make a giant difference in their lives and in our communities.”
This year’s campaign calling schedule is as follows:
• Sept. 1, Blackfoot calling session;
• Sept. 6-7, first Pocatello calling session;
• Sept. 7, Twin Falls calling session;
• Sept. 8-9, Meridian/Treasure Valley calling session;
• Sept. 12-13, Idaho Falls calling session; and
• Sept. 19-20, second Pocatello calling session.
This year’s drive is being led by chair Michele Pond-Bell, who is overseeing an enthusiastic group of volunteers comprised of community members, ISU faculty and staff, alumni and friends of the University. Pond-Bell is an ISU alumna and nursing administrator at Cassia Regional Medical Center in Burley.
“We believe we can raise even more funds for scholarships for ISU students this year,” Pond-Bell said. “Please show your support by saying yes when you receive a call from one of our volunteers.”
Before and after the calling campaign a number of “I Love ISU” events will be held. Remaining “I Love ISU” events include:
• Aug. 17 – Treasure Valley “I Love ISU” Kickoff, 5:30-7:30 p.m., ISU-Meridian Health Science Center
• Aug. 18 – Business After Hours with Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce, 5-7 p.m., Bennion Student Union Building, University Place in Idaho Falls
• Sept.1 – Pocatello Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Idaho Museum of Natural History on the ISU main campus
• Aug. 30 – Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, noon – 1 p.m., Idaho Falls Red Lion Hotel
• Aug. 31 – Twin Falls Kickoff Event, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Elevation 486 Restaurant, Twin Falls
• Sept. 15 – McLove Night, 5 to 7 p.m., Pocatello McDonald’s at 1011 S. Fifth Ave. and 831 Yellowstone Ave. A portion of all sales will go directly to scholarships for ISU students.
• Sept. 19 – I Love ISU Night at Sonic, 5-8 p.m., Pocatello Sonic Drive-In, 710 Yellowstone Ave A portion of all sales will go directly to scholarships for ISU students.
• Sept. 22 – Finale of I Love ISU, 5-7 p.m., Pocatello Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours, Rosewood Reception Center in Pocatello, 1499 Bannock Highway, sponsored by Watkins Distributing
The money donated to “I Love ISU” goes directly to scholarships. Donors can specify their pledges to any program, department or college within the university.
For additional information on “I Love ISU” contact Tony Dickey at 208-282-2994 or email@example.com, or visit www.isu.edu/foundation/iloveisu/.
About Idaho State University
Idaho State University, a Carnegie-classified doctoral research institution founded in 1901, educates more than 15,000 students per year in more than 280 programs. It is Idaho’s lead institution in health professions and medical education.