2014 Idaho State University-Meridian Commencement
Monday, May 12, 2014
Contact Ali Crane
Friends and family of the graduates are cordially invited to attend a reception hosted by President Arthur C. and Dr. Laura Vailas immediately following Commencement.
Commencement Participation Information
Please complete Meridian Commencement Ceremony Student Participation Form
Cap, Gown, Hood and Tassel Information
- All graduates who attend commencement must wear the appropriate regalia.
- Students need to order their cap and gown through the ISU Bookstore. Please call (208) 282-3237 or toll free at 1-800-688-4781 to order your regalia beginning February 26th. Deadline is April 1st.
- Prices for regalia (excluding sales tax) are:
- $59.00- Associate/Bachelor's (includes cap, gown, tassel, stole of gratitude)
- $69.50-Master's (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- $87.50-Doctorate (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- Stole of gratitude can be purchased separately for $22.50
- Hoods and tassels can also be purchased separately. Call the ISU Bookstore for prices.
- Cap and Gown distribution will be at ISU-Meridian during the following dates:
- Wed., April 30 -- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thurs., May 1 -- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Payette Room has been reserved for students to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Undergraduate students wear the tassel on the right prior to graduation. Move it to the left when instructed.
- Graduate students wear the tassel on the left and do not change its position.
- Graduate students should carry the hood on the left arm.
- Students keep the regalia.
- Candidates should be at the Boise Centre on May 12 at 5 p.m. to check in and begin the processional lineup.
- All candidates for graduation are required to pay a $20.00 application fee per degree prior to the day of graduation.
- University regulations require this fee be paid prior to releasing any transcripts you may order.
- Payment options: online via BengalWeb under the Finances tab, or in person at the Cashier's Office at ISU-Meridian.
- Undergraduate and professional students who are in the top 10% of their respective college's graduating class will graduate with honors. Those in the top 5% graduate with high honors. Those who qualify will receive honors cords at regalia pick-up at ISU-Meridian or Commencement.
- Jolesch Photography will be at the ceremony to take photographs of graduates.
- These pictures will be available for purchase within two weeks after Commencement (see www.jolesch.com for more information).
- Class rings and announcements can be ordered at www.jostens.com.
Diplomas and Diploma Covers
- Only those who attend commencement will receive a diploma cover.
- Graduates will receive their diploma within three weeks of their degree being posted to their transcript (view your advising transcript in BengalWeb to see when your degree has been posted, which will occur within five weeks after the end of the semester.) Our diploma vendor (Michael Sutter Company) will email you when your diploma is sent.
- All diplomas will be mailed by first class mail to the diploma mailing address indicated on your graduation application. To change this address, email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- It is the desire of the administration and the faculty of Idaho State University that the ceremony be conducted with courtesy and respect for each of the graduates.
- The behavior of all graduates is an important element in maintaining a ceremony that should be a memorable occasion.
The University extends to you our very best wishes for continued success and happiness.
All faculty are invited to attend commencement.
- Please notify the ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee at (208) 373-1707, if you plan to attend.
- Faculty should be at the Boise Centre no later than 5:30 p.m.
- The Snake River Room has been reserved for faculty to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Commencement regalia is required.
- Order regalia through Stefanie Shadduck, (208) 373-1707.
- Deadline to order regalia is March 24.
- Regalia must be picked up at ISU-Meridian Student Services, 1311 E. Central Drive, May 6-9.
- If a member of your immediate family is graduating, you may request to present the diploma cover at the ceremony.
- You are cordially invited to attend the reception immediately following Commencement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a rehearsal?
No, there will not be a rehearsal. That is why we ask graduates to be at the Boise Centre at 5 p.m., Monday, May 12.
How long will commencement last?
Approximately 1- 1/2 hours
Where can I pick up my cap and gown?
You will be able to pick up your cap and gown at ISU-Meridian, 1311 E. Central Drive, on Wednesday, April 30, 1 p.m.-6 p.m., and Thursday, May 1, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
What if I haven't ordered my cap/gown?
You must order your cap and gown by April 1, or you may have to pay additional shipping charges. Students need to order their cap and gown through the ISU Bookstore starting February 26th. Please call (208) 282-3237 or toll free at 1-800-688-4781.
What forms do I need to fill out to participate?
Students are required to complete the Application for Graduation (found on BengalWeb). The ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee requests that students submit the Student Participation Form to the front office by April 10th.
Are tickets required?
No, tickets are not required. Guests may sit anywhere that is not reserved seating.
Who do I contact if my guests need assistance with seating?
Please contact Stefanie Shadduck (in advance) at (208) 373-1707. You may also tell an usher the day of commencement.
Where do I park?
There are numerous parking structures available throughout the downtown area. Four parking garages surround the Boise Centre. All provide hourly charged parking, with the first hour free.