2013 Idaho State University-Meridian Commencement
Monday, May 13, 2013
Contact Ali Crane
Friends and family of the graduates are cordially invited to attend a reception hosted by President Arthur C. and Dr. Laura Vailas immediately following Commencement.
Commencement Participation Information
Please complete Meridian Commencement Ceremony Student Participation Form
Cap, Gown, Hood and Tassel Information
- All graduates who attend commencement must wear the appropriate regalia.
- Students need to order their cap and gown through the ISU Bookstore. Please call (208) 282-3237 or toll free at 1-800-688-4781 to order your regalia beginning March 1st. Deadline is April 1st.
- Prices for regalia (excluding sales tax) are:
- $57.95- Associate/Bachelor's (includes cap, gown, tassel, stole of gratitude)
- $68-Master's (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- $86-Doctorate (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- Stole of gratitude can be purchased separately for $21.95
- Hoods and tassels can also be purchased separately. Call the ISU Bookstore for prices.
- Cap and Gown distribution will be at ISU-Meridian during the following dates:
- Wed., May 1 -- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thurs., May 2 -- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Payette Room has been reserved for students to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Undergraduate students wear the tassel on the right prior to graduation. Move it to the left after your name has been announced.
- Graduate students wear the tassel on the left and do not change its position.
- Graduate students should carry the hood on the left arm.
- Students keep the regalia.
- Candidates should be at the Boise Centre on May 13 at 5 p.m. to check in and begin the processional lineup.
- Jolesch Photography will be at the ceremony to take photographs of graduates.
- Photographs will be available for purchase.
- Class rings and announcements can be ordered at www.jostens.com.
- Those who attend commencement are presented a diploma cover as they cross the stage.
- December graduates receive their diplomas approximately the end of March.
- May graduates receive their diplomas approximately the end of July. A final review of requirements must be completed prior to mailing diplomas.
- August graduates receive their diplomas approximately the end of October. A final review of requirements must be completed prior to mailing diplomas.
- Be sure you have paid your $20 Graduation/Diploma Fee to the Registration and Records Office, ISU. You will not receive your diploma until you have paid the fee.
- All diplomas will be mailed to the address indicated on the graduation application.
- If your address changes, please contact the Graduation Staff in the Office of Registration and Records at (208) 282-2661.
- It is the desire of the administration and the faculty of Idaho State University that the ceremony be conducted with courtesy and respect for each of the graduates.
- The behavior of all graduates is an important element in maintaining a ceremony that should be a memorable occasion.
The University extends to you our very best wishes for continued success and happiness.
All faculty are invited to attend commencement.
- Please notify the ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee at (208) 373-1707, if you plan to attend.
- Faculty should be at the Boise Centre no later than 5:30 p.m.
- The Snake River Room has been reserved for faculty to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Commencement regalia is required.
- Order regalia through Tammi Perdew, (208) 373-1707.
- Deadline to order regalia is March 25.
- Regalia must be picked up at ISU-Meridian Student Services, 1311 E. Central Drive, May 6-9.
- If a member of your immediate family is graduating, you may request to present the diploma cover at the ceremony.
- You are cordially invited to attend the reception immediately following Commencement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a rehearsal? No, there will not be a rehearsal. That is why we ask graduates to be at the Boise Centre at 5 p.m., Monday, May 13.
How long will commencement last?
Approximately 1- 1/2 hours
Where can I pick up my cap and gown?
You will be able to pick up your cap and gown at ISU-Meridian, 1311 E. Central Drive, on Wednesday, May 1, 1 p.m.-6 p.m., and Thursday, May 2, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
What if I haven't ordered my cap/gown?
You must order your cap and gown by April 1, or you may have to pay additional shipping charges. Students need to order their cap and gown through the ISU Bookstore starting March 1. Please call (208) 282-3237 or toll free at 1-800-688-4781.
What forms do I need to fill out to participate?
Students are required to complete the Application for Graduation (found on BengalWeb or at the Front Office). The ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee requests that students submit the Student Participation Form to the front office by April 10th.
Are tickets required?
No, tickets are not required. Guests may sit anywhere that is not reserved seating.
Who do I contact if my guests need assistance with seating? Please contact Ali Crane (in advance) at (208) 373-1706. You may also tell an usher the day of commencement.
Where do I park? There are numerous parking structures available throughout the downtown area. Four parking garages surround the Boise Centre. All provide hourly charged parking, with the first hour free.