Department of Mathematics & Statistics
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics offers an Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degree in mathematics, as well as a Bachelor's degree in statistics.
- provides courses in mathematics and statistics that serve students in many fields, including engineering, education, health professions, business and the sciences.
- contributes to general education objectives.
- provides training in developmental mathematics for under-prepared students.
- conducts pure and applied research in mathematics and statistics.
- supports the university, the community and the profession through a variety of service roles.
As well, the Department maintains a highly trained and research-active faculty with a balanced commitment to teaching, research and service.
Effective Fall 2017:
- The 'Advanced Mathematics Placement' course, formerly numbered 'MATH 1199AMP' will be numbered as 'MATH 0090'. For more about this course, click on the 'Course Information' link in the side-bar menu.
Effective Fall 2015:
Effective Fall 2014: