Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Special Collections Online
The Department of Special Collections currently has two collections online. Both collections can be browsed and searched. To get started, visit the web page for each collection listed below.
Bannock County Images project
A joint project involving the Department of Special Collections, the Bannock County Historical Society, and the South Bannock County Historical Center. A selection of over 150 images representing people, places, and events from Bannock County's History. Developed with help from the Idaho Humanities Council.
The Edward Stevenson Collection
Details of the costume drawings by Edward Stevenson. Stevenson was a Pocatello native who went on to be head designer for RKO pictures in the 1930s, and designed for Lucille Ball for 18 years prior to his death in 1968.
Other Sources for Digital Collections
Other ISU-related digital projects:
Other Idaho-related digital projects:
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Archive includes images from the Idaho State Historical Society in Boise.
- Digital Memories from the University of Idaho Special Collections Department.
- Idaho Museum of Natural History's Digital Atlas of Idaho from the Idaho Museum of Natural History.
- Online Exhibits from the Boise State University Special Collections Department
- The American Memory Project from the Library of Congress. Contains over 8 million digital objects, including a good selection dealing with Idaho.
Other State resources for Digital Collections: