Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Special Collections Online
The Department of Special Collections currently has three digital collections available online that can be browsed and searched. To get started, visit the web page for each collection listed below.
Bannock County Images project
Bannock County Images is a digital repository through which researchers, students, scholars, genealogists, historic interpreters, authors, and members of the general public can access information pertaining to Bannock County, Idaho. It contains a selection of over 150 images representing people, places, and events from Bannock County’s history.
This is a collaborative project between Special Collections and Archives, Eli M. Oboler Library, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho; the Bannock County Historical Society, Pocatello, Idaho; and, the South Bannock County Historical Center, Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. The project was funded in part by a grant from the Idaho Humanities Council.
The Edward Stevenson Collection
The Edward Stevenson Collection was a gift to Idaho State University from Stevenson's family, and includes several hundred sketches of costumes by Stevenson from his early days as an apprentice to his final years as costume designer for DesiLu Productions.
George Shoup (1836 – 1904) Collection
The George Shoup (1836 – 1904) Collection consists of letters and documents formerly in the possession of Idaho’s first Governor, and United States Senator. Subjects in the collection pertain to: Indian fighting, business methods, transportation, and politics in early Idaho, circa 1867 – 1900. The items in the digital collection represent only a fragment of the physical collection.
Other ISU-related digital projects:
Other Idaho-related digital projects:
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Archive includes images from the Idaho State Historical Society in Boise.
- Digital Memories from the University of Idaho Special Collections Department.
- Idaho Museum of Natural History's Digital Atlas of Idaho from the Idaho Museum of Natural History.
- Online Exhibits from the Boise State University Special Collections Department
- The American Memory Project from the Library of Congress. Contains over 8 million digital objects, including a good selection dealing with Idaho.
Other State resources for Digital Collections: