Interlibrary Loan Services
- Provide services for the ISU community.
- Process all electronic interlibrary loan requests received in a timely manner.
- Borrow requested books that the Oboler Library does not own.
- Borrow other materials that the Oboler Library does not own (i.e. microfilm, theses, dissertations, etc.).
- Obtain copies of requested journal articles that the Oboler Library does not own.
- Staff members search electronic library holding bibliographic records to locate needed materials.
- Operate an ARIEL service for processing materials that will be posted to the web directly or scanned and then posted to the web.
- Scan printed articles to electronic format for web delivery.
- Post electronic articles to the web for delivery to requestors.
- Provide a rush service for photocopies at $10 per item (if received in 3 working days).
- In some areas, provide a rush service for books at $25 each (includes FedEx, delivery & rush fee) PLEASE call 208-282-3127 first.
- Lend materials to other libraries anywhere in the USA when requested.
- The Library will attempt to secure a loan of the dissertation.
If we are unable to obtain a loan, the requestor has the option of purchasing the dissertation on a direct recovery basis; costs are $30 per item for PDF/Electronic copy or $33 per item for unbound, shrinkwrapped paper copy. Dissertation Express sets prices, which are subject to change. The requestor can then keep the dissertation in his/her personal collection.
If you want to purchase the dissertation, submit the Purchase a Thesis/Dissertation form.
For Help with the Electronic Forms
Contact Reference at (208) 282-3152 or 1 (800) 314-4781
Contact Health Sciences Reference at (208) 282-4686 or 1 (800) 363-4781