How to Place Materials on Physical Course Reserve
Print the Physical Course Reserve Request Form or obtain a copy at the Oboler Library's Circulation Desk, complete the form, then bring it to the Library along with your materials.
- Fill in all information
- Each item must be identified by a complete bibliographic citation:
- Item title (if appropriate)
- Date of publication (including month and year, if appropriate)
- Volume, no., page numbers (if appropriate)
Note: Copying title pages in the front of a book is usually the best way to make a complete bibliographic citation.
Types of materials appropriate for Physical Course Reserve:
- Library book
- Personal book
Types of materials inappropriate for Physical Course Reserve
- Materials not in compliance with copyright law
- Commercially produced workbooks or instruction manuals with answer keys, or similar products that are excluded from the principles of Fair Use as designated by copyright law
- Materials lacking bibliographic citations or copies of the title page
Submitting Physical Course Reserve Materials
- Deliver material along with a completed copy of the Physical Course Reserve Request Form to the Oboler Library's Reserve Desk - which is part of the main Circulation Desk - or to the Idaho State University-Idaho Falls' Circulation Desk for reserve items for Idaho Falls students.
- Typically, items are processed on a first come, first served basis.
- During peak times, processing may take up to three days, so please plan accordingly.